These standard 3-ply ear-looped surgical masks are designed to provide personal protection to the medical / healthcare professional from bacteria, viruses and germs from entering the respiratory system.
What are these masks made from?
Each 3-ply surgical mask is made from 3 different layers with different thicknesses to provide protection. The masks also come with a metal nose clip to enhance the comfort and fitment to the wearer.
The 3 layers are as follows:
- Outer layer: polypropylene non-woven fabric, water-repellent effect layer.
- Middle layer: High efficiency melt-blown material.
- Inner layer: polyester soft skin-friendly non-woven fabric
What’s the difference between a surgical face mask and a respirator mask?
A surgical mask is designed to be a loose-fitting and disposable. When fitted properly they provide protection from contaminated large droplets, splashes and sprays from reaching the wearer’s mouth and nose thus preventing entry into the respiratory system.
The mask is also a good way to prevent the wearer from using their hands to touch their mouth or nose, which is a common way for viruses like the Coronavirus, germs and bacteria are able to infect a person.
However, due to their loose-fitting and design they are not able to filter very small particles, which can be caused by coughing or sneezing.
Respirator masks such as the KN95, N95, FFP2 and FFP3 masks are designed to be more fitted around a wearer’s face and provide protection from even small particles. These masks are usually used by healthcare professionals in environments where contaminated small particles are more likely to be present.
Respirator masks follow a rating system and are graded by their performance based on the European standard EN149+A1:2009 or equivalent international standards.
It is common to see respirator masks consisting of different styles and variants, such as being cone-shaped, flat-shaped, with or without a valve.
Who are these masks recommended for?
These masks are recommended for general use by the public and social care settings. Please follow up to date government guidelines for correct PPE.
- Mask Size: (17.5 ± 0.5)cm x (9.5 ± 0.5)cm
- Bacterial Filtration Efficiency: > 95%
- Box Qty: 50 masks sealed per box
- Certification: CE approved
- Free delivery on orders over £80 (UK only excluding, Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands and Channel Islands) to a single destination.
- £5.95 for orders under £80
- £7.95 for Next Working day delivery
- £10.99 for Next working day before 10:30am
- All prices are Excl VAT.
- Orders placed on Monday to Thursday before 1 pm will be dispatched the same day (if all items are in stock)
- Orders placed on Fridays before 12pm will be dispatched the same day (if all items are in stock)
- All the above excludes Bank Holidays
World Wide Deliveries
- International deliveries can take longer than the standard 2-5 working days
- P&P charges may change. We will contact you before applying these changes and confirming your order
- It is the customer’s responsibility to confirm specific custom requirements for their country. RSTARS Medical Supplies will accept no responsibility for customs refusal and all charges will be passed on to the client.
- 30 Day money-back guarantee, as long as the products are in their original condition (This excludes Masks, Furniture and Special orders).
- You will receive a full refund minus postage and a 3% credit transaction charge if you paid by credit card.
- For more information do not hesitate to contact us